I was telling my sibling what the Victorinox Swiss Army Sale had to offer and was showing some of the ‘Details’ post from 2013, 2012 and 2011 to give a better understanding. It was during this conversation that I realized the ‘Details’ needed to show more. I have always tried to just show a few things to give a broad view, but who wants to dig three posts back to see a watch or luggage. Not me and this is my site!! So this year, instead of just showing a couple pictures and trashing the dozen other pictures taken, I am going a little deeper in hopes of better representing what the sale has to offer. Unfortunately, I could not go to the warehouse sale this year either — but had even more family members going so the finding (and my shopping list) was covered!
- Watches – large selection and deeply discounted. Attached is a pic of a men’s Wegner Swiss Military Standard Issue Steel Date watch that retails for around $300 and was being sold at the warehouse sale for $50! Also attached is an image of the Victorinox Swiss Army Peak White Dial Stainless Steel Watch for $50 and it normally retails at $220.
- Cutlery – by far the best bargain there. There were selling blocks, paring knives, steak knives, sharpening steel and much more. Attached is a pic of the chef’s knife that normally retails around $60 and is only $20 at the warehouse sale!
- Travel Gear - decent selection from carry-ons to full size luggage and fairly priced. Attached is a pic of the Tallux 25? that normally retails around $600 and was being sold for $125. (This piece is too large for a carry-on, but they did have smaller pieces in the same discounted price range.)
- Swiss Army Knives / Flashlights – strong selection of a variety of knives and flashlights. If you don’t own either, definitely a must have. The utility pocket knives come in handy and the flashlights are powerful. Once own one, you will become a brand ambassador too.
- Clothing – they had a limited amount of women’s clothing and majority was for smaller sizes. But there were a few finds like white jeans for only $10! They had a huge selection of men’s clothing ranging from button down’s to fleece’s.
- Coats – same applies here as it does to the clothing. Limited amount for women – and what they had were small sizes, but they had a large selection for men. From what I saw, majority of the items were around $149 – $99
If you are not familiar with what Victorinox Swiss Army offers, its worth a look on their website to understand the quality of their offerings and what these items normally retail for. For those of you who are familiar, I don’t need to say more.
This year they had a large selection of coats ranging from wool, rain jackets, light jackets and for men, leather. Some of the deal highlights we got were:
- Men’s Jacquard Jacket – $10
- Men’s Ts – $15 (normally $75)
- Swiss Gear Camera Bag – $10
- Heritage Scarf – $10
We didn’t ‘need’ anything and came out relatively cheap with $75 worth of goods. I know your question — is it worth it to go? If you are looking for a high ticket item (like a watch) or just like to bargain hunt, its definitely worth it!