Some Mom friends were asking what is there to do for toddlers or their babies for Halloween in lower Fairfield County. Well, here’s a round up. (Hardly anything was free, so note costs accordingly.)
- Halloween Art Party – Silvermine Arts Center, New Canaan, CT. Sunday, October 25th; 2-4 pm. Admission: $15; members $12. Participate in art activities (including mask making and clay pumpkin painting), costume parade, and enjoy snacks and a Halloween movie!
- Halloween Spooktacular – New Canaan Nature Center, New Canaan, CT. Saturday, October 24th from 6:00-8:00pm. Admission: Members $7, non-members $10. Meet bats, snakes, spiders and more. Make your own slime and roast marshmallows at the end of the night. Costumes encouraged. Spaces are limited and advanced registration is recommended.
- Monster Mash – Stepping Stones Museum for Children, Norwalk, CT. Tickets: member $10, non-members $15, and children under 1 are free. Saturday, October 25th, all day long. Dress up in costumes and enjoy games, face-painting, and treasure hunt. Storybook Pumpkin Contest. noon-1pm. $3 material fee.
- Mill River Halloween Party – Stamford, CT. Sunday, October 31st; 12-3pm. Children will trick-or-treat along the river path on the west side of the Park, from Broad Street to the playground. There will be spooky costumed performers and pumpkin decorating station.
Trick or Treating
- Trick or Treat at Stamford Museum and Nature Center – Heckscher Farm. Sunday, October 25th; 1-3pm
Admission: Members Free; Non-Members free with gate admission. Wear your Halloween costume to trick or treat with your favorite farm friends! Grab a map and head off in search of different “treats” at the trick or treating stations.
- Overbrook for “Ick-Fest” – Overbrook at Stamford Museum and Nature Center. Sunday, October 25th; 1-4pm. Admission: Members Free; Non-Members free with gate admission. Get slimy with our slime table, visit live reptiles and bugs, and create crafts around some of our favorite Halloween critters.
- Trick-or-Treat with the Stew Leonard’s Characters – Norwalk, CT. Thursday, October 22nd; 5:00-6:00pm. Children are invited to dress in their costumes and come to Stew Leonard’s in Norwalk to go trick or treating. Children can come with their own bags or Stew Leonard’s will provide one for them. Stew Leonard’s famous characters, including mascot Wow the Cow, will be available for taking photos with the children.
- New Canaan Halloween Parade – Park Street Lot Park Street, New Canaan CT. Saturday, October 25th; 12:00-2:00pm. Annual Halloween Parade starts at 1pm lead by the Old Faithful Antique Fire Truck. Goodie bags are handed out. Children of all ages and their dogs are invited to participate.
- Rowayton Halloween Celebration – Rowayton Community Center, Rowayton, CT. Sunday, October 25th; 1:00-4:00pm. In addition to a parade, this event has a hay maze, petting zoo, pony rides and a haunted house.
- Westport Halloween Spectacular – YMCA and Town Green in Westport, CT. Wednesday, October 28th. 3:30 p.m. in front of the YMCA and 4:30 p.m. on the Town Green. Children in costume parade up Main Street and trick or treat along the way towards Town Hall for more treats, snacks and a DJ dance party. The Town Green party starts at 4:30pm.
- Darien Halloween Parade – Friday, October 30th at 10am. $5/child. Meet at the parking lot next to the Darien Fire Station opposite Post Corner Pizza to participate in this annual parade for toddlers and pre-school aged children. Costumed kids trick or treat with local merchants on their way to Tilley Pond for snacks and a special magic show with The Amazing Andy.
- Pumpkin Carving Demo – Sunday, October 18th. 11am-4pm. Pumpkin carver will make elaborate Halloween-themed etchings on the store’s pumpkins.
- Hayrides – Sam Bridge Nursery & Greenhouse, Greenwich CT. Friday, September 25th – Friday October 31st. FREE hayrides to their Pumpkin Patch
- Halloween Hayride Spooktacular at Stew Leonard’s In Norwalk – Friday, October 2nd to Sunday, October 31st. Monday through Friday: 3-8pm Saturday and Sunday: 9am-8pm. Cost: $1 per person. It’s 15-minute family-friendly all ages hayride that weaves through a course of more than twenty vignettes, including scenes of popular movie and television characters, traditional holiday settings, and a musical light show.
- Build a Scarecrow Workshop – Sam Bridge Nursery & Greenhouse, Greenwich CT. October 10th, 17th, 12th, and 24th. For $35, they supply the frame (4ft or 6ft), head, stuffing and a place to make a mess. You supply the pants and long sleeve button and whatever accessories you want to create a one-of-a-kind scarecrow. Each workshop will be judged and the winner gets a prize. Reservations are a must.
- Pumpkin Painting – Sam Bridge Nursery & Greenhouse, Greenwich CT. October 10th, 17th, 12th, and 24th between 10am and 2pm. For $8, they supply the pumpkin, paints and a place to make a mess.
- Halloween Day Stew Leonard’s – Norwalk, CT. Sunday, October 31st, children who come to the store in their costumes will receive a free small ice cream.
- JOE’s SPOOKTACULAR Halloween Event! – My Gym, Stamford, CT. Sunday, October 18th 9:15-10:15am OR 10:30-11:30am. Sunday, October 25th 9:15-10:15am OR 10:30-11:30am. Pricing (cash only): members $15, nonmembers $20, siblings $5. All ages welcome. Pay n’ Play filled with fun Halloween decorations, games, and activities! Children can come dressed in costume.
- Trunk or Treat – Parking lot of Union Memorial Church, Stamford, CT. Saturday, October 25th. 4-6pm. Pricing: $5 per child. Come park your car, decorate it or tailgate while handing out Halloween treats.